Sunday, September 21, 2008

Diaries of a Crumbly Woman...

For those of you who may be confused as to why I would title my first post this...let me refer you to the book Uglies. Read it (and the sequels) and you will understand. Anyhoo...my friend Liz decided that I need to learn to blog, so she set everything up, and now I am supposed to say something about my life. Sadly, I don't seem to have anything interesting to say, but why should that stop me? Plenty of other people blog, don't they?
Tonight we have our old Sunday night dinner gang here...Mike, Liz and Owen are visiting from Arizona: Meagan,Aaron and Emery are here, too, as well as Scott, Brant and me. Also Brittney and Steve came for dessert...it seems like old times. And I just talked to Sophie in MO! We miss them!
So...I have now launched my own blog. Pretty exciting. Maybe I'll even think of things to say. I look forward to keeping up with all of my family and friends in a fun, new way. Now, however, I must get ready for bed. Five years of teaching seminary and getting up at 4:23 am has turned me into an early bedtime person. But that is ok, because I am trying to get into the habit of getting up at the same time every day (weekdays...6:03 am) so I can read my scriptures and exercise. Even though I'm a crumbly, I want to slow the process down as much as possible! I'll save that for another post...

6 comments:

Coleen said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I have fun with my blog. It is mostly about my grandbabies and the joy they bring me. You don't look "crumbly", you look great, so does Brant!

Keri said...

Hooray Mom! I knew one day you would convert...welcome, welcome to spending far too much time on the internet but loving it, right?

Meagan Reitz said...

Val, I love the first post! You are more interesting than you give yourself credit for, and I can't wait to keep up with your daily/ weekly adventures! Loved seeing you last night...just like old times!

Meagan Reitz said...

Uh, this is Liz NOT Meagan.

ytucker said...

I am very proud of you!! I am greatful that I have young thinking friends and not fuddy-duddies. You are one of my more hip (I'm not getting older just better) friends. I love to look at blogs and have been wanting one myself. Tina has set one up for me but now she has to show me how to put pictures on it! You go girl!!!

ytucker said...

Oops. I do know that it is grateful not greatful!