Saturday, October 25, 2008

Four Days of Fun, Sun, Rides and Exhaustion






OK...since I've only done 2 posts, it has taken me a few minutes to figure out how to add another one! This is why technology and I aren't good friends. But I am trying...it's all part of my anti-crumbly campaign. Not sure if it's really working, though. (and if I add pictures, who knows where they will end up...it's a learning process!!)


A couple of weeks ago I was able to spend 4 days with Keri, Ez, and kids at Disneyland and California Adventure. I hadn't been there in about 16 years...where did the giant parking lot go that used to be in front of Disneyland?? I guess that is where they put California Adventure, which is also very fun for little kids, but has some bigger, scarier rides, too. My big accomplishment on this trip was overcoming, with the help of brave 8-year-old David, my fear of the free-fall type of rides. Together we rode the California Screamin' roller coaster, the free-fall Tower of Terror (an appropriate name), and the ultimate (to me) was the Maliboomer. Shooting 180 feet (that's the equivalentof 18 stories)into the air, then free-falling back down is, well...very scary! Thanks, David, for your help!


Lots of other rides with the other kids were really fun, too. The first 2 days were VERY hot, the last two were lovely. Walking miles around the parks, keeping watch over 5 kids, sometimes pushing a double stroller or carrying someone, and baking in the sun made Grandma tired...so I was asleep by 9:30 every night. I hope that Alexis, who slept in my room with me, will forgive me for not being much fun. Of course, she was pretty tired, too!



It was fun to be with everyone, see how much the kids have grown, enjoy all of their fun personalities, and also...celebrate Keri's 32nd birthday! Thanks, Beauchamp family, for letting me join you on your vacation!!

PS...it took me forever to figure out how to get the pictures in and I'm still trying to learn how to arrange them...sorry you all have to suffer with me while I learn!

1 comment:

Keri said...

You got some great photos, mom! We'll need to compare and get copies to each other. We had so much fun with you, thanks for coming and dealing with our craziness!